Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez, member of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of Cuba and First Vice President of the Councils of State and Ministers, opened the 18th International Cubadisco Festival, 2014, in Havana.
Also in attendance at the event, held at the National Theater’s Covarrubias hall, were Julián González, Minister of Culture; Winston Peters, head of Development of the Community of Trinidad and Tabago and Jennifer Jones-Kernahan, ambassador to Trinidad and Tabago in Cuba, among other figures.
The National Symphonic Orchestra (OSN), under the direction of conductor Enrique Pérez Mesa, opened the concert with Ritmicas V and VI de Amadeo Roldán.
- Viengsay Valdes Represents Cuba at Tokyo Ballet Festival
- Symphonic Concert Opens Arts Festival in Cuba
- European Film Festival in Cuba to Screen 18 Films from 16 Countries
- Cuban President Recognizes Art as a Means to Forge Respect
- Carlos Díaz: "Theater has to be Taken Care of, Although is Non-Profitable"