The local hand-made and manufactured charcoal in Ciego de Ávila province has a high demand in European markets due to its excellent qualities.
The local Radio Reloj station pointed out that the 90 % of the charcoal, which is obtained from the Marabu wood, has a higher-calorie level and a blue flame without smoke or ash, among its characteristics.
In addition, it was pointed out that Ciego de Ávila will export some 28000 tons which is a volume that surpasses what was sent last year and it highlighted that Italy, Spain and France are the main nations that use that fuel material elaborated in that province from the center of Cuba.
Latest from Amilkal Labañino
- Cuban Musician Chucho Valdes to Be Honored at La Musa Awards
- Tropical Storm Isaac to Hit Lesser Antilles With Rain, Wind
- Cuban Resident in US Satisfied with Commenting on Draft Constitution
- Free Lula National March Closes People's Siege on Brasilia
- Bartenders to Prepare World's Biggest Cuba Libre Cocktail