The 60th World Tourism Organization Commission for the Americas will meet on May 3 and 4 in Havana.
Organized by UNWTO and the Ministry of Tourism of Cuba, the meeting will include in its agenda the presentation of a report by the presidency of the Commission.
Other documents of working groups on Tourism and Sustainability, Competitiveness, Statistics and Satellite Accounts will be discussed and also documents related to Ethics and Safety.
The Habana Libre hotel will host the event. At the same venue will be also held the International Seminar on Tourism and Culture, aimed at tourism industry stakeholders in general.
WTO activities in preparation for the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development, 2017 will include actions for creating, disseminating and raising awareness regarding knowledge, policies, events and promotion of corporate social responsibility and public-private partnerships.
According to WTO, tourism is now one of the fastest growing economic sectors.
In recent decades the international tourist arrivals doubled, from 528 million in 1995 to 1.184 billion in 2015.
Cuba broke its record by the end of 2015, when registered 3.524.779 tourist arrivals, an increase of 17.4 percent, which confirmed tourism as the most dynamic sector of Cuban economy.
- Bellamar Caves: A Gift of Nature
- Kenya, Cuba sign deal Sports CS Echesa enters deal with Cuban counterpart to develop sports in both countries
- First high-level official Palau delegation visits Cuba
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Cuba Calls 15th International Meeting on Criminal Sciences