Cuban musicians will take part in the 1st Cuban Music Festival of Vancouver, scheduled for October 16-19 in that Canadian city.
Among artists invited we find singers Tania Pantoja, Pedrito Calvo, Sixto Llorente (El Indio), Waldo Mendoza, Gardi, and the Azucar Negra band led by Leonel Limonta.
The Festival generates great expectation, commented Limonta to the Suenacubano portal, since Azucar Negra and other well-known musicians of the island "will perform for thousands of Cuban music followers, and our representation will be varied."
So far, he pointed out, the program includes the presentations of Pedrito Calvo and Waldo Mendoza on October 16; Tania Pantoja and Azucar Negra, on the 17th; El Indio and Gardi, on the 18th; and there will be a final concert by the group on October 19.
- Cubans Resident in Europe Meet in Belgium
- Vancouver, Montreal, Ottawa and Kiev hit the streets to demand: Hey Trump! Lift the Blockade on Cuba Now!
- Viengsay Valdes Represents Cuba at Tokyo Ballet Festival
- Symphonic Concert Opens Arts Festival in Cuba
- European Film Festival in Cuba to Screen 18 Films from 16 Countries