Havana Club will be showing off the new recipe for their Havana Club Añejo Especial during Sydney Bar Week this year (don’t forget to get to the Cantinero Club party on Monday the 29th of September); we thought we’d take a look at the new release.
And a note for all you Bartender of the Year competitors out there: one of your drinks for the final round will need to be made with Havana Club Añejo Especial, so it’ll be good to familiarise yourself with this new bottling.
They’ve updated the packaging, but it’s the inside that counts. This is what Havana Club’s maestro ronero, Don Asbel Morales, had to say about the new recipe:
“The new Havana Club Añejo Especial has a distinctive flavour profile due to the unique production process we have adopted, whereby the rum bases are aged in white, young oak barrels before being blended and aged for a second time ahead of bottling. The influence of the barrel ageing is evident in the flavour profile with notes of vanilla and caramel really coming to the fore, which makes it an ideal base for Cuban cocktails, particularly the Cuba Libre.”
Joining those vanilla and caramel notes are “tobacco, cinnamon and orange peel” characters, according to the makers.
The new bottling is available now, so for more information get in touch with your friendly Pernod Ricard representative.
- Moscow, Havana Discuss Cooperation before Medvedev's trip to Cuba
- (US) Blockade to Cuba: The day medicines and food were added to the list
- Probable cause of mysterious illness among US and Canadian diplomats in Havana found
- Two Members of Cuba's UN Mission Expelled From US
- Cuban Workers call Massive Twitter Action for Anti-imperialist Event