The ballet Giselle will again thrill audiences at and bring beauty to Havana’s Grand Theater with a Cuban National Ballet Company season Feb 23/25 - March 1/4.
Choreographed by Cuba’s dance legend, Prima Ballerina Assoluta Alicia Alonso, after Jean Coralli and Jules Perrot, the shows of the ballet classic will be danced by premier dancers Anette Delgado, Viengsay Valdés and Grettel Morejón and Sadaise Arencibia. The role of Albrecht is set to be assumed by Rafael Quenedit, Patricio Revé and Raúl Abreu; while Hilarión will be danced by Ernesto Díaz, Luis Valle and Ariel Martínez. Claudia García and Chavela Riera will make their debut as Myrtha, the Queen of the Wilis, a role who will also be danced by principals Ginett Moncho and Ely Regina Hernández.
Inspired by a German folk tale, Giselle is one of the most important pieces in the repertoire of the Cuban National Ballet Company. Cuban ballet and dance were recognized in the world scene for the first time with Giselle and Alicia Alonso as its exceptional performer.
- Cuban FM received the Secretary of State of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cambodia
- International Film Festival of Gibara winds up with awards ceremony
- Cuba's results in health acknowledged by PAHO official
- Cuba reiterates its committment to the 2030 Development Agenda
- For what Motive Marco Rubio Spends his Time in Twitter?