Mexico, Aug 9 (Prensa Latina) Mexico will formally declare the work of intellectual Octavio Paz as a national artistic monument, in an effort to protect its legacy, it was informed.
Secretary of Culture Maria Cristina Garcia stated that the declaration in this regard will take less than a month.
In a categorical way, she said, the legacy of Octavio Paz is not at risk and will be kept alive in the country.
She recalled that the poet left settled in a testament that his patrimony should be maintained in the country, which would prevent even if appeared an heir to the widow, Marie-Jose Tramini, he could take that legacy out of Mexico.
So far, she added, there is no list of the patrimony of Octavio Paz and Marie-Jose: 'Once we have the testamentary succession we can start the work to make an accurate survey of what exists, but it is definitely guaranteed that this legacy remains in the country', she pointed to information of legal proceedings in the opposite direction to the Mexican patrimonial interest.
- ‘A machine with no compassion’: Mexico’s former president on Trump’s divisive ‘f*** you’ politics
- Mexico, Uruguay Initiative for Venezuela Dialogue Begins
- Second fuel pipeline explodes in Mexico
- Number Of Dead In Mexico Fuel Explosion Rises To 107
- Cuba Expresses Condolences to Mexican People after Explosion