The Cuban capital recalls the historic leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro, in a special edition of the magazine Habanahoy 499, on the 92nd anniversary of his birth and the 500th anniversary of the foundation of this city.
Published by Prensa Latina, the publication of the Provincial Assembly of the People's Power of Havana contains the imprint of the eminent thinker and his ties with his people.
Various moments in Fidel Castro's life (1926-2016), his support for the flowering of ballet and cinema on the Caribbean island, as well as his determination to develop education, health, science and sport are present in the magazine.
The publication also recognizes the permanent and indissoluble relationship of the statesman with the people, his brilliant oratory and unlimited dedication to the cause of the Revolution.
Through suggestive photographs, the text also contemplates the revolutionary's links with Havana, the city which next year will celebrate the 500th anniversary of its foundation.
In some articles, Habanahoy 499 contains testimonies of personalities about the figure of Fidel Castro, among them the prima ballerina assoluta Alicia Alonso and photographer Liborio Noval, winner of the National Journalism Award Jose Marti.
- Cuba Denounces Development Drawbacks Due to US Blockade
- Acosta Danza Company Announces New Season in Cuba
- Cubans Remember Poet Nicolas Guillen after 30 Years of his Death
- Cuba Reaffirms Commitment to Non-Aligned Countries
- Cuban FM received the Secretary of State of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cambodia