London, Aug 28 (Prensa Latina) At least 370 people were arrested for assault and possession of knives during the Notting Hill carnival in the centre of this capital, the Metropolitan Police said today.
According to Musker, about 30 security personnel were injured while conducting the operations, although the number of detainees may increase.
In 2016, during the 50th anniversary of these carnivals, more than 450 arrests were made, 45 policemen were injured and 16 stabbings were committed, which is considered one of the deadliest.
Analysts insist that two years ago, former Deputy Victoria Borwick led a popular request to move the festival to a less populous place where people could be controlled, but the proposal did not materialize.
According to reports, the homicide rate in the UK has increased by approximately 40 per cent in the last three years, not including deaths caused by terrorist attacks.
At the end of 2017 statistics revealed a 13 per cent increase in crime compared to the previous year, mainly in this capital.
The Independent recently revealed that fatal stabbings occur every three days in London from gang fights.
The Notting Hill carnival is one of the most famous in the world, along with those of Rio de Janeiro and Santa Cruz de Tenerife, but unlike the latter, it has become a battleground for criminals and gang members.
- New Cuban rum brand Black Tears launches into UK market
- Boris Johnson Threatens To Purge UK Lawmakers Against No-Deal Brexit
- ‘An outrage and threat to our democracy’: Corbyn slams Johnson’s parliament suspension pre-Brexit
- Hong Kong protests: dozens arrested as government warns of 'dangerous situation'
- Citing Princess Diana, Elton John Slams UK Media For Royal Family News