Cuba now holds the world record for the largest Cuba Libre cocktail ever made, after this year’s 12th Pan American Cocktail Rally of the International Bartenders' Association being held in Havana this week.
Over the course of one hour, a team of bartenders poured 500 liters of Havana Club rum into a two-meter-high glass container made specially for the occasion, at the Tryp Habana Libre hotel lobby.
A total of 108 bottles of rum, 200 liters of a Cuban “TuKola” drink, and a dash of lemon juice were used to create the cocktail of the century.
“It is a Cuba Libre fiesta for all the bartenders of Cuba and the world to keep up to date with new trends and be more professional,” said Sergio Serrano, vice president of the Cuban Bartender Association (ACC).
- Rafael Bonachela: «I Have Recreated a Relationship with all its Colors»
- Cuba receives donation of baseball and softball equipment
- Cubans celebrated Jose Marti's birthday in March of Torches
- Very Short Chronicles: Children are the Ones Who Know How to Love
- Cuba without cases of coronavirus, health checks reinforced