Cuba will celebrate the 100th birthday of the US composer, musician and orchestra conductor Leonard Bernstein with a selection of his most renowned musical works at Havana's Marti Theater, organizers said here.
The shows are scheduled for December 1 and 2, as part of a joint work by Cuba's National Lyric Theater, the Duchesne Cuzan Philarmonic Orchestra, the Cuban Institute of Radio and Television's Choir and the Laura Alonso Ballet.
The tribute to Leonard Bernstein, entitled 'Bernstein Gala' will have the participation of outstanding singers such as the sopranos Dayri Llanes, Angeline Diaz and Daili Roche, and the Swedish mezzosoprano singer Charlotta Huldt, as a guest, under the musical direction of Cesar Eduardo Ramos.
The program consists of a selection of the comic operetta 'Candide' and the musical show West Side Story, a classic in the highly acclaimed artist's repertoire.
Leonard Bernstein (1918-1990) was a versatile US musician whose 100th birthday has been celebrated in the world since August 2017, with a program consisting of 2,000 shows in all continents, including concerts and exhibitions at important cultural centers.
- What has Happened in Latin America? Understanding the Imperial Counteroffensive
- We remain committed to a possible better world and we believe that the basis of that desire is education
- Cuba: Government announces new measures for self-employment
- Cuba reiterates its invariable solidarity with Constitutional President Nicolás Maduro and the Bolivarian Revolution
- Eight Cuban judokas to participate in Dusseldorf Grand Slam