Havana, Jan 14 (Prensa Latina) The 34th International Festival Jazz Plaza 2019 begins on Monday with a concert by contrabassist Gaston Joya at 6:30 p.m. local time, at Teatro Nacional de Cuba's Covarrubias hall.
Scheduled until January 20, the event has prepared a wide variety of concerts and jazz performances in the cultural centers of Havana and Santiago de Cuba, the latter is the sub-venue for third time.
Another event for Monday is the performance of the Young Jazz Band by maestro Joaquin Betancourt, who will be accompanied by Argentine pianist Adrian Iaes at the Mella Theater in Havana.
Maestro Bobby Carcasses will give a concert on January 16 along with American multi-instrumentalist Roger Glenn, saxophonist Yosvany Terry and trombonist Dick Griffin at Teatro Nacional de Cuba's Avellaneda hall.
The shows 'Benny More un siglo después' (Benny More a century later) are expected, led by guitarist Hector Quintana, as well as the concerts by Arturo O'Farrill, Orlando Valle (Maraca) and the Aragon Orchestra.
A night of luxury is programmed for the closing ceremony in Havana, with pianist and composer Roberto Fonseca and his guests, among which the Bride of Feeling Omara Portuondo will perform.
- Forum in Cuba Debates on Journalism's Impact in New Technologies
- Cuba to Present Updating of its Economic Model at Davos Forum
- Cuban Soccer Confirms Presence in Caribbean Tournament
- Foreign Minister reterates that Cuba is against terrorism and war
- Cuba Continues Preparations for Constitutional Referendum