Havana, March 22 (Prensa Latina) Spain's actress Penelope Cruz is in Cuba to resume shooting Wasp Network film by French director Olivier Assayas, which will have its premiere this year.
According to local media, Cruz arrived Wednesday to Havana accompanied by her husband and scene partner Javier Bardem, although they do not give further details about their stay.
Her arrival coincides with that of US actors Susan Sarandon, Owen Wilson and Shailene Woodle, who these days visited the historical center and famous places in Havana such as the Boulevard of San Rafael and the Cuban Art Factory.
Before this visit, Penelope was in Cuba in February with the Mexican Gael Garcia Bernal and the Cuban Ana de Armas, as confirmed on that occasion by the team in charge of processing their trip and hosting.
The new work of the model and winner of an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress in 2008 by Vicky Cristina Barcelona, will focus on the story of a group of Cuban anti-terrorists infiltrated in the US during the 1990s.
The film will tell the story of Gerardo Hernandez, Fernando Gonzalez, Ramon Labañino, Antonio Guerrero, Rene Gonzalez and Juan Pablo Roque, based on the book The Last Soldiers of the Cold War by Brazilian Fernando Morais.
- Why Havana Club is Unique and Why in Miami Mojitos are not Sold
- Cuba Strengthens State Entrepreneurial System, Eases Private Sector
- Cuba in Permanent Contact with Kenya over Kidnappings of Doctors
- Cuban Constitution will keep the Revolution Young, Assures Legislator
- Cuban Science Monitors the Protection of Water Resources