Santiago de Cuba, Jul 3 (Prensa Latina) The 4th Hugo Chavez International Colloquium, The Passion that Unites Us, will take place in this city on July 5 and 6, as part of the solidarity vocation of the 39th Caribbean Festival, which will open on Wednesday.
The Cuban Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP) and the Oscar Ruiz, Caracola and Maracapana foundations sponsor the event, which will be attended by advocates of friendship between the two peoples, artists and academics from the foreign delegations that will participate in the so-called Fire Festival.
The 65th and 6th anniversaries of the former Venezuelan president's birth and death, respectively, will be the motivations of the meeting, which will also evoke the 15 years of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our Americas, founded by Chavez and Fidel Castro.
The dimension and force of the Bolivarian leader's Latin American and Caribbean thinking, his anti-interference legacy, the Venezuelan Revolution's current challenges and solidarity as an alternative of continental resistance against imperialist hegemony will be the main topics for debate at the Colloquium.
- Cubans celebrated Jose Marti's birthday in March of Torches
- Very Short Chronicles: Children are the Ones Who Know How to Love
- Cuba without cases of coronavirus, health checks reinforced
- Telesur opens studio and production center in Havana
- Cuba adopts measures to reduce risk of infection with coronavirus