The growing US aggressions against Cuba only cause an increase in international support for the Caribbean nation, Dirk Banderhorst, director of a ballet project in South Africa with Cuban methodology, said.
Commenting on the recent measures adopted by the Donald Trump administration that exacerbate the economic, commercial and financial blockade that Washington has imposed on Cuba for almost 60 years, the artist noted that these measures affect the Cuban people mainly.
These measures against Cuba strengthen the world's support and solidarity in favor of the Caribbean nation, he noted.
In that regard, he stated that artists from South Africa and other countries support the path chosen by Cuba and condemn the US-imposed blockade.
Banderhorst highlighted the support he has received from Cuba to develop the so-called South African International Ballet Competition, a program that has just turned 10 years and has had the participation of Cuban ballet teachers since 2015.
The project, which resulted during Banderhorst's visit to Cuba in 2008, aims to teach dance to children from poor municipalities in South Africa.
- Russian Security Council Secretary Meets With Castro, Diaz-Canel In Cuba's Capital
- Cuba’s Central Bank is ready to support newly announced measures
- Cuban government announces new economic measures to boost domestic trade
- Cuba to host symposium on genesis and development of the Revolution
- Spanish Foreign Minister pays official visit to Cuba