Over 70 works from 26 countries are competing for the Lucia awards the jury of the 15th International Film Festival of Gibara will grant at the end of the event in Villa Blanca until July 13.
The list of films consists of nine feature films, 15 fiction short films, 10 animated short films, eight long documentaries, eight short documentaries, 15 unpublished scripts and nine ongoing films.
The low-cost film festival will screen 95 materials from Cuba, Germany, Argentina, Spain, Colombia, China, Kenya, the Netherlands, Iran and Russia standing out as the most represented nations.
Cuba will be present with a total of 16 films in competition, as well as including eight projects in the sections of ongoing films and unpublished screenplays.
According to Sergio Bemvenuto, one of the organizers, the event will count on selecting very high aesthetic value films; following its tradition, it will have a multicultural and interactive profile.
As the festival's novelty, Lucia de Honor award will be delivered this year having an international value and Puerto Rican actor Benicio del Toro, the Cuban director Fernando Perez and Cuban actress Daisy Granados will carried off such award.
- Great expectation to meet the new manager of the Villa Clara Baseball Team
- Importance of social networks highlighted in Cuba
- Cuban cochlear implant program benefits over 500 patients
- Cuban Chancellor to meet UNESCO Director General today
- Spanish hornist invited by the National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba