Damascus, Sep 27 (Prensa Latina) Sessions of the Educational Development Conference opened on Friday at the Conference Center in Damascus, organized under the theme: 'A Future Educational Vision to Enhance the Rebuilding of Humans and the Homeland.'
A total of 1,700 delegates representing ministries, education institutions, centers and organizations, in addition to 630 foreign experts accredited by the United Nations, from countries such as Germany, Iran, Russia, India, Egypt and Pakistan, are participating in the event.
During his opening remarks, Syrian Minister of Education Imad Muwaffaq al-Azab ratified Damascus' commitment to an organized educational transformation based on plans studied with community participation.
The speeches in the sessions of the event specially focused on linking education with labor market and production.
The Conference aims to form an advanced national strategic vision for education in Syria through 2030, in accordance with 21st century requirements and in light of the transformations of the current society.
- Cuban Trade Minister affirms his country’s continued support to Syria in all domains
- Syria’s Kurds strike deal with Assad after being abandoned by US
- Russia, China veto UN resolution calling for ceasefire in Syria
- Turkish military enters Syria to begin joint US ‘safe zone’ patrol
- Cuban Ambassador Highlights Relations with Syria