Bogota, Nov 4 (Prensa Latina) Cuban band Anacaona got Colombian audiences dancing during the 22nd edition of the Salsa al Parque music festival, which concluded in Bogota yesterday.
Directed by bassist Georgia Aguirre, the all-women band made had festival-goers on their feet and singing along to many of their songs.
Aguirre thanked the festival organizers for the warm welcome received.
'Yo Soy el Punto Cubano' by singer and songwriter Celina Gonzalez, 'Flor Palida' by Polo Montañez; as well as the band's own songs, all featured during the performance.
With 87 years of experience, Anacaona fuses the most traditional Cuban rhythms with contemporary music and is considered one of the main exponents of salsa music.
Cuba was also represented during the Festival by the Orquesta Aragon, a legendary traditional music band with 80 years of artistic life.
- Colombia Strike Committee calls to meet social organizations
- Seventeen Colombian social leaders assassinated so far this year
- UN denounces murder of 86 human rights defenders in Colombia
- Disapproval Rating for Colombia's Duque Reaches 70 Percent
- Venezuelan president issues warning of attacks on border with Colombia