The Mexican Embassy in Cuba will present the Cultural Merit award to Cuban dancer Viengsay Valdes, choreographer Alberto Mendez and cultural official Reinaldo Mendez, it was announced at a press conference.
The award will be presented at the close of the 'Cultura a lo Grande' concert, performed by the Mariana de Gonitch Singing Academy and scheduled for November 18 in downtown Havana's Cathedral Square.
During the event, Valdes will also be presented with the Tropical Gypsy distinction, annually awarded by the capital's Provincial Directorate of Culture to those who contribute to the development of Cuban culture.
For the occasion, first dancer, actress and singer of the National Folkloric Group, Zenaida Almenteros, will join the Okantomi company to perform the Habanera 'En el claro de la luna,' written by singer-songwriter Silvio Rodriguez.
- Raúl meets President of Russian Federation Council
- WBSC and Japan Baseball leaders applaud Premier12 and its growth of international baseball
- Cuba vs USA Preview, Tips and Odds
- Cuban Doctors Arrested, Harassed in Bolivia Return Home Safely
- With music, dance, fireworks Havana celebrated its 500th anniversary