Nicolas Maduro, President of Venezuela, highlighted today in Twitter the struggle of Fidel Castro to cement Cuba’s equality, unity, and self-determination.
“Three years ago we mourned our Master and Eternal Commander, Fidel Castro Ruz. We recall his everlasting light of teachings and dignity, which we embrace in our daily struggle,” he tweeted while celebrating the third anniversary of the passing of the leader of the Cuban Revolution.
The Venezuelan President ratified in his personal profile that “Fidel will be always a living symbol of greatness and revolutionary principles serving mankind.”
The Cuban revolutionary man is proudly remembered in Venezuela due to his unbreakable friendship with Commander Hugo Chavez and the support he always provided to the Bolivarian Revolution.
Cubans residing in Venezuela, collaborators in different social missions, and the authorized diplomatic corps, along with the people in Venezuela, have paid tribute these days to the legendary guerrilla man. Fidel’s life and legacy, as well as his anti-imperialist ideology, were highlighted.
Translated by Sergio A. Paneque Díaz/CubaSí Translation Staff
- Cuban VP of parliament and state council received Chinese government delegation
- Cuba works to improve its immigration policy despite blockade
- Díaz-Canel meets with Cuban community in Argentina and announces Nation and Emigration Conference
- Coral reef in southern central Cuba deemed prosperous
- Cuba and Turkey strengthen cooperation in tourism