FotosPL: Yolaidy Martínez
Beijing, (Prensa Latina) Cuban and Chinese children on Saturday joined their respective cultures in an event to honor the 167th birthday Cuban National Hero Jose Marti.
Among music, dance, visual arts and poetry, the children gathered at the Cuban Embassy in Beijing to pay tribute to the most universal of all Cubans, a moment that became a bridge to strengthen friendship between the two socialist countries.
At the beginning of the event, Ambassador Carlos Miguel Pereira recalled one of Marti's phrases on children, and assured that it has been a maxim during the 61 years of the Cuban Revolution.
'We live for children in Cuba. Ensuring the new generations for the construction of a better world based on humanistic values and principles, and guaranteeing the enjoyment of a happy childhood and youth,' he said.
At the cultural event, all Cuban children sang 'Guantanamera' with stanzas of Jose Marti's Simple Verses.
Images of Jose Marti and drawings made by the children were screened during the activity.
- China's Coronavirus Death Count Reaches 1,765
- 29 International Book Fair winds up in Havana
- Who are Interested in Making the World Believe that There’s a Climate of Insecurity and Violence in Cuba?
- Cuba and Nicaragua, talent and good baseball in fraternal cap
- President of the Spanish Royal Academy visits Cuba