The 35th Guadalajara International Film Festival (FICG by its Spanish acronym) will take place from March 20-27, where three Cuban films will compete.
In the Ibero-American documentary film category, the Cuban films will be "Brouwer; El origen de la sombra" (The Origin of the Shadow), by Katherine T. Gavilan and Lisandra Lopez Fabe; and "A media voz"(In Mid Voice), by Heidi Hassan and Patricia Perez.
FICG is a very important cultural event for Mexico and Guadalajara as it serves as platform for the appreciation, promotion and distribution of Mexican and Ibero-American films.
It also shows films from various perspectives (industry, entertainment and art) and is a forum for training, instruction and creative exchange between filmmakers, critics and students, who enrich professionally through master conferences with experts from around the world, film exhibitions and healthy competition. (ACN)
- Millions embezzled in Mexico during Peña Nieto administration
- 'American Dirt,' novel on migrants, ignites literary controversy
- Caravan migrants cross river into Mexico, throw stones at police
- 'Mexico Won't Let the Caravan Pass' Guatemala's President Says
- Mexico ratifies asylum to Bolivian refugees at embassy in La Paz