Cuban film Conducta took the Coral Prize to the Best Full-Length Fiction Movie at Havana's 36 Festival of New Latin American Cinema.
Conducta, directed by Ernesto Daranas recently has won a total of nine prizes plus a mention, including five collateral distinctions and the Signis Prize. The winners at the festival were announced at the closing ceremony of the event at Havana's Chaplin movie theater.
Festival director Ivan Giroud said that he expected a close competition for the Coral prizes this year and described the Cuban film production as the engine of this year's festival.
Geraldine Chaplin, winner of the Best Actress prize for her performance at the Dominican-Mexican film Dollares de Arena, sent a message describing the Cuban capital as her "Beloved Havana" and she noted that the Chaplin movie theater, named after her father here is her "second home."
The Cuban films that were awarded included, along with Conducta, are Meñique by Ernesto Padron; Vestido de Novia by Marilyn Solaya, and Pared de las Palabras by Ernesto Perez.
The full list of awarded films will be released over the next days.
- Concert on 120th Anniversary of Japanese Migration to Cuba
- Cuba to Host Interregional Workshop on Sustainable Development
- Benicio del Toro presents his most recent film in Havana
- Parliamentary Group for Cuban-Syrian Friendship : Syria will absolutely triumph over terrorism
- US Has No Moral Authority to Judge Cuba on Human Rights