The 19th Scientific Workshop of Social African American Anthropology and the 8th Storytellers Encounter Afropalabra Festival got underway in the Cuban capital.
Scholars, researchers, artists and performers are meeting in Old Havana from January 5th through 10th, coinciding with the 29th anniversary of Old Havana’s House of Africa, and marking the beginning of cultural life in the city in 2015.
Scientific sessions are being held in the House of Africa, at the Benito Juárez , and the House of Asia. Meanwhile the Poetry House is the venue of the Storytellers Festival Afropalabra (Afroword). Exhibitions and other cultural proposals characterize the encounter, including the presentation of the Cabildo afrocubano in Saint Francis of Assisi Square on January 6, a traditional street dancer’s party that delves into the roots of Afrodescendants from a contemporary outlook
- Havana 500: A Woman in the Mirror of the City
- US Disregards Negative Impact of New Measures on Cuban People
- Cubans compete in global race for health
- Cruise line Carnival seeks dismissal of U.S. lawsuits over Cuba docks
- Cuba makes history with its first Little League champion, takes first step toward making World Series