The Uruguayan film ''Una noche sin luna'' (A Moonless Night), which tells three parallel stories, is competing for the next Oscars, today confirmed the film producer Raindogs Cine. German Tejeira's film, starring Uruguayan actors Marcel Keroglian and Roberto Suarez and Argentine musician Daniel Melingo, is among several works competing for Best Foreign Film.
Tejeira began writing the script in 2006 and said: 'I know how complex the way is, but is one of those things that may happen. We are in competition'.
The film is about three lonely characters that in the New Year's Eve come to a small town in the Uruguayan countryside, where they have an opportunity to twist their destiny, informed the producers.
The film won last year the award for best feature film at the 10th edition of the Zurich Film Festival.
- Uruguay to present achievements in Family Farming
- Cuba concludes presence as Guest Country at Montevideo Book Fair
- Uruguay wins first friendly match against Peru
- Havana's International Book Fair to be promoted in Montevideo
- Kristen Stewart on the ‘Insane Gall’ of Directors as ‘Seberg’ Arrives in San Sebastian