Havana.- Young Narciso Medina, student of the Fernando Alonso Cuban Ballet National School, will compete at the New York Grand Prix, as confirmed here the educational center director, Ramona de Saá.
The Maestra told Prensa Latina that Medina, who was invited to the event for his proven virtuosity in the stage, will compete in the Variations category with a classic and a contemporary performance.
The 17-year-old student will graduate as professional dancer next year, however during his studies he has stood out in events like the 12th International Contest for Young Ballet Students in Cuba, 2014.
De Saá remembered that this is not the first time that a local student participates in this contest as dancers Gabriela Mesa and Víctor Estévez, competed in this event when they were students some years ago, ending among the 12 finalists.
The Grand Prix of New York, scheduled for the end of April, calls every year thousands of students of classic and modern dance from Latin America, Asia and Europe.
Translation: Liana Fleitas (Cubarte)
- Concert on 120th Anniversary of Japanese Migration to Cuba
- Cuba to Host Interregional Workshop on Sustainable Development
- Benicio del Toro presents his most recent film in Havana
- Parliamentary Group for Cuban-Syrian Friendship : Syria will absolutely triumph over terrorism
- US Has No Moral Authority to Judge Cuba on Human Rights