On the occasion of the 450th anniversary of the birth of English writer William Shakespeare and as the main presentation this summer in Cuba, the Globe Theater of London will present two performances in this capital on August 7.
Hamlet, a classic by Shakespeare, will be the piece to be premiered at the Mella Theater by this world famous troupe, also known by its direct bond with the British playwright, who worked in this dramatic arts company.
In a press conference, Dania del Pino, a specialist with the National Council of Performing Arts, explained that this group will offer two presentations -2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.- to meet the public's demands.
On the other hand, the Mexican newspaper La Jornada reported that the Globe is currently on an international tour, with the purpose of taking the historic staging to different parts of the world.
The newspaper clarified that 16 men and women travel by boat, train, bicycles, sailboats, buses and airplanes throughout the world and perform in different places, from squares of towns to national theaters, palaces and beaches.
The current headquarters of the English troupe is the Globe Theater of London, built based on the original, erected in 1599 for the Chamberlain´s Men, the company directed by Shakespeare.
- Bellamar Caves: A Gift of Nature
- Kenya, Cuba sign deal Sports CS Echesa enters deal with Cuban counterpart to develop sports in both countries
- First high-level official Palau delegation visits Cuba
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Cuba Calls 15th International Meeting on Criminal Sciences