The Cuban National Ballet and its director, Alicia Alonso, are today preparing a special program for summertime to celebrate the 90th birthday of the historic leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro. Choreographed by Ana Belen Zamora and with music by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Ludwig van Beethoven and Felix Mendelssohn, among others, the show 'The Magic of the Golden Age' will be on the Mella Theater stage on July 2nd and 3rd.
The presentation comes at the end of the Vocational Workshop course of the Dance Department at the Cuban National Ballet. A group of students, guests from the Alejo Carpentier Elementary Ballet School and members of the dance group founded by Alonso in 1948, will participate in the program.
'Dionaea', 'Percusion para 6 hombres' and 'Grand pas de Paquita,' by the Cuban National Ballet, will be performed in the Federico Garcia Lorca hall at the Alicia Alonso Gran Teatro in Havana on July 8th, 9th and 10th.
The Cuban National Ballet joins the cultural events being held on the island to celebrate Fidel Castro's 90th birthday, on Aug. 13.
- Cuban National Ballet is Back after Successful Performances in Spain
- US Aggressions against Cuba Strengthen International Support
- Alicia Alonso Awarded Insignia of the Valencia College of Architects
- Cuban National Ballet Schedules Projects with US Companies
- Anette Delgado returned dressed as a princess