WASHINGTON – Colombian singer Shakira became the undisputed queen of social networks this week by winning over 100 million “likes” on Facebook.
The Barranquilla native became the first person to attract that record number and expressed gratitude for the support received with a message posted on her profile.
“One hundred million fans on Facebook! I mean that is incredible. Thank you so much for your support, for your loyalty, for your love. It’s really unbelievable, thank you so much,” she said emotionally on a homemade video in both English and Spanish.
Her communications team also made a video in honor of this milestone with a review of the best moments the Colombian has shared with her fans on Facebook.
To celebrate the fact that “Shak” is the first person to reach 100 million likes on Facebook, they said, they made a video that includes a review of all her years on that platform.
The 37-year-old songstress is one of the most active artists on the Internet and uses social networks very astutely, posting moments from her life, her new songs and the work she does for humanitarian causes.
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Peter Thiel had secret White House dinner with Trump
- Who can Bridled Donald Trump?
- Disinformation Helped Kill Martin Luther King, His Daughter Tells Facebook
- Nine US states launch probe into whether Facebook broke antitrust rules
- Cuba Takes Measure to Advance Computerization of Society