Cuba’s National Ballet Company (BNC), under the general direction of Alicia Alonso, will present The Magic of Dance at the Teatro Peon Contreras, in Merida, Mexico, on September 7 and 8.
According to the official press release by the company, the group will be composed of leading figures of Cuban classical dance, including Viengsay Valdes, Anette Delgado, Sadaise Arencibia, Dani Hernandez, Ernesto Diaz, Ginett Moncho and Felix Rodriguez.
Meanwhile, the corps of soloists highlights Claudia Garcia, Chanell Cabrera, Patricio Revé Raul Abreu, Rafael Quenedit, Adrian Masdival and Ariel Martinez, accompanied by the corps de ballet.
Fragments of great classics will be interpreted during the gala, such as Giselle, the Sleeping Beauty, The Nutcracker, Coppelia, Don Quixote, Swan Lake and the Gottschalk Symphony to close the presentation.
By the end of next month the BNC will return to the Cuban scene, specifically the Tomas Terry Theater of Cienfuegos, with Dionnea (choreographed by Gustavo Herrera); The garden of lilacs, under Antony Tudor’s style, and the Grand Pas of Paquita, by Marius Petipa.
- Russian Security Council Secretary Meets With Castro, Diaz-Canel In Cuba's Capital
- Cuba’s Central Bank is ready to support newly announced measures
- Cuban government announces new economic measures to boost domestic trade
- Cuba to host symposium on genesis and development of the Revolution
- Spanish Foreign Minister pays official visit to Cuba