Cuba’s National Ballet Company (BNC), under the general direction of Alicia Alonso, will present The Magic of Dance at the Teatro Peon Contreras, in Merida, Mexico, on September 7 and 8.
According to the official press release by the company, the group will be composed of leading figures of Cuban classical dance, including Viengsay Valdes, Anette Delgado, Sadaise Arencibia, Dani Hernandez, Ernesto Diaz, Ginett Moncho and Felix Rodriguez.
Meanwhile, the corps of soloists highlights Claudia Garcia, Chanell Cabrera, Patricio Revé Raul Abreu, Rafael Quenedit, Adrian Masdival and Ariel Martinez, accompanied by the corps de ballet.
Fragments of great classics will be interpreted during the gala, such as Giselle, the Sleeping Beauty, The Nutcracker, Coppelia, Don Quixote, Swan Lake and the Gottschalk Symphony to close the presentation.
By the end of next month the BNC will return to the Cuban scene, specifically the Tomas Terry Theater of Cienfuegos, with Dionnea (choreographed by Gustavo Herrera); The garden of lilacs, under Antony Tudor’s style, and the Grand Pas of Paquita, by Marius Petipa.
- Large Cuban Participation in Mexico's Book Fair
- U.S. Companies will Participate in Trade Fair FIHAV Despite Blockade
- Cuban President Praises Students' Commitment to Revolution
- Cuban Journalist Receives International Recognition in Russia
- Trump Threatens To Close US-Mexico Border Over Migrant "Onslaught"