Cuba’s National Ballet Company (BNC), under the general direction of Alicia Alonso, will present The Magic of Dance at the Teatro Peon Contreras, in Merida, Mexico, on September 7 and 8.
According to the official press release by the company, the group will be composed of leading figures of Cuban classical dance, including Viengsay Valdes, Anette Delgado, Sadaise Arencibia, Dani Hernandez, Ernesto Diaz, Ginett Moncho and Felix Rodriguez.
Meanwhile, the corps of soloists highlights Claudia Garcia, Chanell Cabrera, Patricio Revé Raul Abreu, Rafael Quenedit, Adrian Masdival and Ariel Martinez, accompanied by the corps de ballet.
Fragments of great classics will be interpreted during the gala, such as Giselle, the Sleeping Beauty, The Nutcracker, Coppelia, Don Quixote, Swan Lake and the Gottschalk Symphony to close the presentation.
By the end of next month the BNC will return to the Cuban scene, specifically the Tomas Terry Theater of Cienfuegos, with Dionnea (choreographed by Gustavo Herrera); The garden of lilacs, under Antony Tudor’s style, and the Grand Pas of Paquita, by Marius Petipa.
- Bellamar Caves: A Gift of Nature
- Kenya, Cuba sign deal Sports CS Echesa enters deal with Cuban counterpart to develop sports in both countries
- First high-level official Palau delegation visits Cuba
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Cuba Calls 15th International Meeting on Criminal Sciences