Havana, Sep 22 (Prensa Latina) The Cuban record label Bis Music is competing this year in the Latin Grammy Awards, with two of its albums, according to a communique circulated today by the label.
The albums Cri Cri, Canciones del Grillo Cantor, by Omara Portuondo and El Mas Grande y Universal, by the National Septet Igacio Piñeiro were nominated in the categories best Latin Music Album for children and best Traditional Tropical Album, respectively.
The list of nominees for the Latin Grammy Awards was announced today and the record label, which belongs to Artex, is proud to be acknowledged in the ceremony, through two of the most valuable exponents of its extensive audiovisual musical catalog, said Image and Communication Manager, Marianela Santos.
With more than 20 years of experience, Bis Music became the first Cuban record label to win a Latin Grammy Award in 2001, with the album La Rumba Soy Yo, in the category Best Folk Album.
The label's fund includes more than 20,000 musical themes, which are marketed in different lines, including sales of the physical product in stores throughout Cuba to on-line marketing on websites as iTunes, Amazon and Spotify.
- Cuba to Participate in International Tourism Fair in Madrid
- Cuba Expresses Condolences to Mexican People after Explosion
- Irene Rodriguez Performs at Joyce Theater with Flamenco Dance
- USA Jazz Band Builds Bridges in Cuba
- Cuba categorically rejects the threat of activation of Title III of the Helms-Burton Act