To the age-old classic “dog ate my homework,” we raise you a new and improved school excuse: Bruce Springsteen said so.
Springsteen gave one young fan the excuse note of a lifetime by signing an absence form for Philadelphia fifth grader Michael Fenerty, who stayed up way past his bedtime attending The Boss’ longest U.S. show ever.
The show took place on Sept. 7 at Citizens Bank Park, and the Masterman School’s first day happened to be the next morning. But that didn’t stop Fenerty and his memorabilia-collecting father Mike from stopping by Springsteen’s meet-and-greet post-performance.
“Of course Bruce played his longest show,” Mike told Philly.com. “As a fan I loved it; as a parent I hated it. I wanted to kill him!
- Venezuela Rejects False News on 'Humanitarian Crisis,' Migration
- Russia to stop ferrying US astronauts to ISS from April 2019
- US & allies can have missiles ready to strike Syria within 24 hours – Russian Foreign Ministry
- US plans to use fake chemical weapons attack to strike Syria – Russian MoD
- Crisis for Drug Consumption Confirmed in the United States