Havana, Nov 24 (Prensa Latina) Spanish tenor Plácido Domingo will offer an open rehearsal today at the Gran Teatro de La Habana Alicia Alonso to students of art schools and members of the Teatro Lírico de Cuba.
The Ministry of Culture of the Caribbean country confirmed that the National Symphony Orchestra will accompany the singer in this session and during his unique concert next November 26, to pay homage to Cuban music.
Domingo, considered by many experts as the most versatile of all living tenors, arrived yesterday at the José Martí International Airport in this capital and was received by government officials and artistic personalities.
As announced, Domingo will perform here a repertoire of important native musicians such as Gonzalo Roig and Ernesto Lecuona, with fragments of some of his operas and zarzuelas, among other genres.
The Ministry of Culture, the Cuban Institute of Music and the National Council of Performing Arts will locate screens outside the theater and two thousand free-access chairs for the people interested in seeing the show live.
- Cuban VP of parliament and state council received Chinese government delegation
- Cuba works to improve its immigration policy despite blockade
- Díaz-Canel meets with Cuban community in Argentina and announces Nation and Emigration Conference
- Coral reef in southern central Cuba deemed prosperous
- Cuba and Turkey strengthen cooperation in tourism