Washington, Dec 2 (Prensa Latina) Blue Night Entertainment Inc. has decided to cancel a tour to the United States of Cuban duo Buena Fe, after it publicly expressed its condolences for the death of the historical leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro.
The company's executives yielded to pressure from anti-Cuban extremist groups based in southern Florida, who demanded the cancellation of the tour scheduled for December 15. It included performances in Washington, New York, Houston and the Masonic Center Theater in Tampa.
'We have decided to cancel the entire tour because of respect for the public, the Cuban community in the United States, we do not want people to be upset,' a Blue Night Entertainment executive told a South Florida newspaper.
Buena Fe has performed concerts in major cities in the United States for several years, including performances in Miami.
In 2014, several anti-Cuban extremist organizations called to cancel a concert at the Miami-Dade County Auditorium, arguing that duet Buena Fe had honored Fidel Castro on his 88th birthday, with a concert in Havana.
- Puerto Rico's Oscar Lopez Rivera Honors Cuba's Fidel Castro
- Oscar Lopez Rivera Tells Young Cubans They are the ‘Future'
- Havana, Same as Always, in its 498 Years
- Puerto Rican independence activist Oscar López arrives in Cuba (+Photos)
- Dranguet House: attractive and indispensable destination in the Coffee Route (+Photos)