Chuck Norris is one bad ass man. Born today, Carlos Ray Norris, the legend is 76 but as everyone knows no number can define him.
He is an American martial artist, actor, film producer and screenwriter. After serving in the United States Air Force, he began his rise to fame as a martial artist, and has since founded his own school, Chun Kuk Do.
Here are 20 great facts that people need to know about Norris:
1) There used to be a street named after Chuck Norris, but it was changed because nobody crosses Chuck Norris and lives.
2) Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that’s why there are no signs of life.
3) Fear of spiders is aracnaphobia, fear of tight spaces is chlaustraphobia, fear of Chuck Norris is called Logic
4) Chuck Norris once kicked a horse in the chin. Its decendants are known today as Giraffes.
5) Chuck Norris will never have a heart attack. His heart isn’t nearly foolish enough to attack him.
6) Chuck Norris doesn’t read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
7) Females have XX chromosomes and common males have XY. Chuck Norris has YY, because he is twice the man than the common man.
8) Chuck Norris doesn’t wear a watch. HE decides what time it is.
9) There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
10) Chuck Norris once got bit by a rattle snake…….. After three days of pain and agony ………………the rattle snake died
11) Chuck Norris died 20 years ago, Death just hasn’t built up the courage to tell him yet.
12) Chuck Norris counted to infinity – twice.
13) Chuck Norris can get a royal flush in roulette.
14) When Alexander Bell invented the telephone he had 3 missed calls from Chuck Norris
15) Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door.
16) Chuck Norris can win a game of Connect Four in only three moves.
17) Chuck Norris can kill 2 stones with 1 bird.
18) Chuck Norris once won a Scrabble tournament despite getting only Z’s and Q’s in his rack.
19) Chuck Norris played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.
20) Chuck Norris’ hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.
In the 1960s, Norris opened more than 30 karate studios. He taught several celebrities, including Priscilla Presley and actor Steve McQueen. McQueen encouraged his teacher to try acting. In addition to being an instructor, Norris also was a fierce competitor. He participated in numerous martial arts tournaments, and he won many of the events he competed in.
Norris has starred in such action films as Return of the Dragon and Missing in Action. He also starred on the hit TV series Walker, Texas Ranger.
Norris’ box-office appeal, however, was beginning to fade by the early 1990s. No longer making hit movies, he made the switch to the small screen with Walker, Texas Ranger. Norris played Cordell Walker, an honorable crime fighter, for eight years. The show had a strong following, and was still faring well in the ratings when it went off the air in 2001. Since then, Norris has taken on few acting roles. He has also served as a product spokesperson, appearing in infomercials for exercise equipments.
- Published in Culture