Gaza City: Hamas chief Khaled Meshaal on Thursday rejected any attempt to disarm his Palestinian Islamist movement in Gaza as demanded by Israel.
"The weapons of the resistance are sacred and we will not accept that they be on the agenda" of future negotiations with Israel, Meshaal told a news conference in Doha where he lives in exile.
Israel has consistently linked the reconstruction of the Gaza Strip, devastated during its 50-day war with Hamas that ended on Tuesday, to the territory's demilitarisation.
- 'A Real Wonder Woman': Artist Behind Che Guevaraâ€™s Iconic Poster Paints Ahed Tamimi
- Nearly half of Israelis believe police over Netanyahu regarding PMâ€™s corruption â€“ poll
- Trump-Linked Extremist Settlers Try to Kidnap Palestinian Kids
- New York Times Erases Palestinian West Bank from Map
- Cuba Parliament reaffirms Palestinian solidarity