Gaza City: Hamas chief Khaled Meshaal on Thursday rejected any attempt to disarm his Palestinian Islamist movement in Gaza as demanded by Israel.
"The weapons of the resistance are sacred and we will not accept that they be on the agenda" of future negotiations with Israel, Meshaal told a news conference in Doha where he lives in exile.
Israel has consistently linked the reconstruction of the Gaza Strip, devastated during its 50-day war with Hamas that ended on Tuesday, to the territory's demilitarisation.
- Israeli Navy ready to block Iranian oil exports in transit – Netanyahu
- Palestinian Toddlers Burn to Death After Israeli Troops Block Fire Brigade
- Netanyahu in hot water amid claims he canceled Russia visit to pull ‘racists’ into his coalition
- ‘They threatened us’: Award-winning ‘Gaza’ filmmakers faced censorship from Jewish groups
- Palestinian government submits resignation to president Mahmoud Abbas