Raul Reinoso and Mario Sergio Elias, dancers in the Acosta Dance Company led by Carlos Acosta, will perform at the Fire Island Dance Festival in New York, July 15-16.
A press release from the company media staff reports that Cuban dancers will present the choreography Nosotros, staged by Beatriz Garcia and Raul Reinoso, and music composed by Jose Gavilondo and costume design by fashion designers Guido and Pavel.
The choreography duet addresses the inner experience of a couple, a reflection on the instability of relationships and narrates love converging points, but also its failures, and frustrations.
The Fire Island Dance Festival, developed by Dancers Respond to AIDS Foundation, is a money-raising event held every year to ensure medicines, health care, food, counseling, and emergency financial help to sick people suffering from AIDS. All the performances are free.
Besides Acosta Dance, other dance companies such as Pontus, Lidberg Dance, Miami City Ballet, Caleb Teicher and Company, Evidence, Makers Dance Company, Peridance Contemporary Dance Company, among others, will participate.
Translated by Sergio A. Paneque Diaz / CubaSi Translation Staff
- Kenya, Cuba sign deal Sports CS Echesa enters deal with Cuban counterpart to develop sports in both countries
- First high-level official Palau delegation visits Cuba
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Cuba Calls 15th International Meeting on Criminal Sciences
- Cuba: National Award of Music to José Luis Cortés