Tomas Alvarez de los Rios lived on the outskirts of the city of Sancti Spiritus. His house became famous: thousands of sayings cover the walls…just popular wisdom.
Tomas Alvarez de los Rios built his home on the outskirts of the city of Sancti Spiritus little by little, picking up sayings here and there and writing them on the bricks. The walls, columns treasure thousands of sayings and statements as well as the testimonies of famous people who visited the place.
Tomas passed away with more than 90 years old in 2008. His niece is living there now and she is determined to maintain such legacy. The house needed some restoration works, but the sayings were preserved. It is a great collection of popular wisdom. You read these walls and it seems you are reading a book.
Translated by Sergio A. Paneque Diaz // CubaSi Translation Staff
- Why Havana Club is Unique and Why in Miami Mojitos are not Sold
- Cuba Strengthens State Entrepreneurial System, Eases Private Sector
- Cuba in Permanent Contact with Kenya over Kidnappings of Doctors
- Cuban Constitution will keep the Revolution Young, Assures Legislator
- Cuban Science Monitors the Protection of Water Resources