Tomas Alvarez de los Rios lived on the outskirts of the city of Sancti Spiritus. His house became famous: thousands of sayings cover the walls…just popular wisdom.
Tomas Alvarez de los Rios built his home on the outskirts of the city of Sancti Spiritus little by little, picking up sayings here and there and writing them on the bricks. The walls, columns treasure thousands of sayings and statements as well as the testimonies of famous people who visited the place.
Tomas passed away with more than 90 years old in 2008. His niece is living there now and she is determined to maintain such legacy. The house needed some restoration works, but the sayings were preserved. It is a great collection of popular wisdom. You read these walls and it seems you are reading a book.
Translated by Sergio A. Paneque Diaz // CubaSi Translation Staff
- Cuba: Government announces new measures for self-employment
- Cuba reiterates its invariable solidarity with Constitutional President Nicolás Maduro and the Bolivarian Revolution
- Eight Cuban judokas to participate in Dusseldorf Grand Slam
- Armando Manzanero Returns to Cuba Attracted by Salsa and Habanos
- Cuba Gives Priority Homes Damaged by Tornado