Tributo 2018 is the first Cuban smoked rum, produced in a limited edition with only 1,500 bottles for the whole world.
This edition of Tributo, honor the experts's contribution of a barrel for the rum, allowing to discover nuances given by the barrel wood. It also has a special case that looks like the white oak wood, said Cristiasn Barre, director-general of the company Havana Club International Inc., during the presentation.
This year, he explained, we will expand the production of the product and reach 21 countries, but not the amount of bottles.
During the presentation ceremony, held in the context of the 20th edition of the Habanos Festival, which is developing in this capital until March 2, Abel Alvarez, sales director to the company, highlighted that the rum was a jewel among the Havana Club rums, designed to be tasted while smoking Habanos.
We have great expectations, based on the success of the editions Tributo 2016 and Tributo 2017, he said before specifying that there were 330 bottles had been set aside for Cuba.
Cuban rum expert Asbel Morales announced that there would be new surprises in 2019, especially due to the emphasis we will make on the making of the rum.
- Cubans celebrated Jose Marti's birthday in March of Torches
- Very Short Chronicles: Children are the Ones Who Know How to Love
- Cuba without cases of coronavirus, health checks reinforced
- Telesur opens studio and production center in Havana
- Cuba adopts measures to reduce risk of infection with coronavirus