Havana, October 8 (RHC)--Cuban president, Miguel Díaz-Canel, was awarded Monday the 35th Anniversary Medal of the Superior Institute of Industrial Design (ISDI).
According to a report by the National Television Newscast, the award was given to Diaz-Canel for the importance that the president attaches to design in the island's current efforts for development.
The award was received by Miriam Nicado, member of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of Cuba and rector of Havana's University.
The medal celebrates the foundation of the emblematic center of higher education more than 30 years ago.
During the ceremony - held in the capital's Convention Palace - it was highlighted that the head of state attributes great importance to link between the university., sciences and businesses.
Edited by Jorge Ruiz Miyares
- Raul received Diaz-Canel on his return from Mexico
- Cuban president arrives in Mexico on official visit
- Russian Security Council Secretary Meets With Castro, Diaz-Canel In Cuba's Capital
- Cuban President receives Russian Prime Minister Dmitri Medvedev
- Cuban president evaluates programs of high priority for the island's economy