The Cuban Council of Churches has issued an official statement, in which it welcomes U.S. President Barack Obama's upcoming visit to Cuba.
“We belief this visit could be very beneficial for our two countries, as well as for our region and the world, particularly in today's complex international scenario,” the statement read.
The Council of Churches highlights that Obama's visit will be a major step forward in the ongoing dialogue process towards the normalization of relations between the United States and Cuba.
- Cuba to Participate in International Tourism Fair in Madrid
- Cuba Expresses Condolences to Mexican People after Explosion
- Irene Rodriguez Performs at Joyce Theater with Flamenco Dance
- USA Jazz Band Builds Bridges in Cuba
- Cuba categorically rejects the threat of activation of Title III of the Helms-Burton Act