The Cuban Council of Churches has issued an official statement, in which it welcomes U.S. President Barack Obama's upcoming visit to Cuba.
“We belief this visit could be very beneficial for our two countries, as well as for our region and the world, particularly in today's complex international scenario,” the statement read.
The Council of Churches highlights that Obama's visit will be a major step forward in the ongoing dialogue process towards the normalization of relations between the United States and Cuba.
- 250 Bartenders Will Attend 22th Pan-Am Cocktail Tournament in Cuba
- Butterfly Park to Open its Doors in Camagüey, Cuba
- The government takes a turn in its foreign policy in favor of dialogue with Venezuela and Cuba
- Cuban Foreign Minister Chairs Delegation to Nicaraguan National Event
- Miguel Diaz-Canel Reaffirms that Cuba will Not Shift towards Capitalism