From 28 May to 2 June 2019, seven women’s teams from North America and the Caribbean will compete in Mexico for a ticket to the 2019 IHF Women’s World Championship.
Today, on the occasion of the 1st IHF Men’s North American and the Caribbean Emerging Nations Championship, currently underway in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, the draw for the event was staged.
Pot 1: Dominican Republic (DOM), United States (USA)
Pot 2: Cuba (CUB), Puerto Rico (PUR)
Pot 3: Canada (CAN), Mexico (MEX)
Pot 4: Greenland (GRL)
1. GRL as only team in pot 4 is drawn into Group A or B.
2. CUB/PUR in pot 2 are drawn into Group A/B.
3. DOM/USA in pot 1 are drawn into Group A/B.
4. Organiser MEX has the prerogative to assign itself to a group of its choice.
5. CAN is placed in the remaining group.
The 2019 IHF Women’s World Championship will take place in Kumamoto, Japan from 30 November to 15 December. For more information about the event, visit japanhandball2019.com.