Moscow, Feb 21 (Prensa Latina) Russia condemned today Ukraine''s decision to block a UN Security Council resolution devoted to honor the country''s late ambassador to the international body, Vitali Churkin.
That is the current Ukrainian government: nothing good can work, it can only hurt, including himself, said the spokeswoman of the Russian Foreign Ministry, Maria Zajarova, in his Facebook account.
For the Kremlin spokesman Dmitri Peskov, the significance of the figure of Churkin and the fact of his death outweigh the decision of Ukraine, which this month chairs the Security Council.
In April of 2006, Ambassador Churkin, who turned 65 this day, assumed the leadership of the Russian representation before the United Nations.
On Monday, on hearing about the diplomat's death in his office in the Russian office at the UN, Zajarova stressed that even officials from countries with large differences with Moscow respected him.
During Churkin's stay at the UN, the United States and some Western powers assaulted Libya in March 2011, financed the terrorist war since that date in Syria and supported the coup in Ukraine in February 2014.
- Russian Minister Accuses U.S. of Openly Plundering Syrian Oil
- Russia will support Syria's fight against terrorism in Idlib despite Trump's calls to stop it – Kremlin
- Russia denounces NATO fight against non-existent threat
- Putin accepts invitation to visit Cuba
- Russia Ready to Study Havana's Offers on Strengthening Cuba's Defence Capacity - Ambassador