Damascus, Apr 27 (Prensa Latina) Syria has described the recent statements by French Foreign Minister, Jean Marc Ayrault, about the alleged chemical attack in the town of Kahn Sheikun, Idleb province, as a ''rabid campaign of misinformation and lies''.
'The accusations made by the French government represent a flagrant aggression and violation of the powers of international organizations, in an attempt to hide the truth of that crime and those behind it,' a statement from the Ministry of Foreign Ministry said.
'The French government has no legal jurisdiction nor the competence to determine what happened in Khan Shaikhun and draw conclusions,' and even that country is involved in that crime and its objection is shown to a draft resolution proposed by Russia and Iran to form a neutral and professional committee to investigate alleged attacks,' the statement said.
'Western countries resort to lying, deceit and disinformation to carry out their policies aimed at dominating the world and returning to the times of colonialism, mandate and fiduciary administration. What happened in Khan Shaikhun comes in the framework of the conspiracy project against Syria to raise the collapsed moral of the armed terrorist groups after their successive defeats at the hands of the Syrian army, the statement states.
- US requests UNSC vote on alleged chemical attack in Syria – reports
- Russia & Syria call for on-the-ground probe in Douma, pledge to provide security to OPCW experts
- Al-Moallem and Marcelino: Syria and Cuba to continue coordinating stances in international circles in support of their just causes
- Syria, Cuba sign executive program of cultural cooperation agreement
- Syria, Cuba discuss enhancing cooperation in higher education, scientific research