Damascus, May 12 (Prensa Latina) Secretary-General of the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP), Nayef Hawatmeh, warned today of US interference in the Middle East in an interview with Prensa Latina.
For the veteran leader, the next and first international tour of US President Donald Trump has above all the clear objective of maintaining and increasing attempts to isolate the Palestinian movement.
Preparations for a regional meeting after that tour that includes Saudi Arabia, Israel, and the Vatican, since May 19, do not take into account the role of the United Nations nor any other political figure in the region, he stressed.
It is, therefore, a clear objective that Washington is seeking concessions among the various Palestinian organizations, to ignore United Nations resolutions favorable to our cause and to bring together the most reactionary forces in the Middle East, Hawatmeh said.
- Pompeo Says US Will 'Crush' Iran With 'Strongest Sanctions in History'
- Pullout from JCPOA, embassy move US historic mistakes
- Trump: His sins do not keep him awake
- Lavrov: US Plan on Arab Troops Deployment in Syria 'Sovereignty Violation'
- Israeli Forces Kill 28 In Gaza Protests As Anger Mounts Over US Embassy