According to the officials, the young bomber mingled with worshippers prior to detonating the explosives.
Police officials are reporting that at least 50 people have been killed in a suicide bombing in the eastern Nigeria.
The bomber, who Sky News reports to be a teen, targeted worshippers at a mosque during morning prayers in Mubi.
According to the officials, the young bomber was observed mingling with worshippers prior to detonating the explosives.
Police spokesman, Abubakar Othman, said the death toll will likely rise "as those seriously injured could add to the figure".
Last December, two young female suicide bombers carried out a deadly attack, which claimed the lives of 56 people and wounded dozens more in a crowded market in the same town.
The attack on the mosque in Mubi has not been claimed by any group.
Over the past eight years, approximately 20,000 people have been killed by Boko Haram.
- Will Syria peace trio succeed given all three have different agendas?
- Head of CIA: Gina Haspel, Linked to Torture
- EUROPOL Warns About the Radicalization of 30,000 Persons in Europe
- Militant groups split & clash in E. Ghouta, civilians seek shelter – Russian MoD
- Filmmaker Clint Eastwood to Premiere Film on Terrorism