Aachen: Europe can no longer rely on the United States to protect it, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Thursday, urging the bloc to take its destiny in its own hands.
"It is no longer such that the United States simply protects us, but Europe must take its destiny in its own hands, that's the task of the future," she said, after US President Donald Trump left traditional allies scrambling by ditching the landmark Iran nuclear deal.
- "The Man Doesn't Tell Truth": Ex-Lawyer Michael Cohen On Trump
- Trump Worried About Impeachment, Thinks It's "Real Possibility": Report
- "China Has Agreed To Reduce, Remove Tariffs On US Cars": Donald Trump
- Bolsonaro Calls Meeting with Trump's Security Advisor Productive
- Over 150 Migrant Children Still in US Far from Their Parents