Aachen: Europe can no longer rely on the United States to protect it, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Thursday, urging the bloc to take its destiny in its own hands.
"It is no longer such that the United States simply protects us, but Europe must take its destiny in its own hands, that's the task of the future," she said, after US President Donald Trump left traditional allies scrambling by ditching the landmark Iran nuclear deal.
- Trump Dethrones Obama As 'Droner-in-Chief' With New Civilian Killing Policy
- Trump Renews Obama-era Emergency Over Venezuela, Maduro Calls It 'Historic Error'
- ‘Arbitrary & unacceptable threat’: Havana slams Trump for ‘allowing’ lawsuits against Cuban firms
- Donald Trump Jr signed Stormy Daniels check, Michael Cohen to tell Congress
- Spike Lee rounds on Donald Trump over Twitter attack