Aachen: Europe can no longer rely on the United States to protect it, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Thursday, urging the bloc to take its destiny in its own hands.
"It is no longer such that the United States simply protects us, but Europe must take its destiny in its own hands, that's the task of the future," she said, after US President Donald Trump left traditional allies scrambling by ditching the landmark Iran nuclear deal.
- Trump: “A Boy with a Fifth Grader Understanding”
- China Retaliates Against Trump With Tariffs on $60B of US Goods
- Ex-Trump Campaign Chief Paul Manafort Pleads Guilty In Russia Probe
- Ortega Warns of US Military Intervention, Open to Meeting Trump
- 'US Bullying': Trump To Close Palestinian Mission in Washington