“The sovereign Venezuelan people have triumphed again against coup plotting and interventionism by the North American empire," Morales said. Bolivian President Evo Morales congratulated Sunday Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro on his reelection, and praised it as a victory against foreign interventionism. “The sovereign Venezuelan people have triumphed again against coup plotting and interventionism by the North American empire. The free people will never submit. Congratulations to brother Nicolas Maduro and the brave people of Venezuela,” Morales Tweeted. Earlier in the day, when Venezuelans had begun voting, Morales also gave his support. “I greet the brother people of Venezuela, who today go to the polls. This period is historic, because Venezuala is demonstrating its democratic vocation, in spite of the interventionism and boicot that suffers the empire.” Nicolas Maduro won the election on Sunday, May 20. In spite of a boycott call by the opposition, turnout was 46 percent.
Latest from Daynet
- Opposition threatens embassies of Venezuela and Cuba in Bolivia
- Venezuela: Another Opposition Party Joins Dialogue with Gov't
- Pope Francis warns against overcrowded prisons
- Cuba's President Describes Parliamentary Session as Historic
- Latin America honors 100th anniversary of birth of Oswaldo Guayasamin