Teultepec, in the State of Mexico, the scene of mortal and recurring pyrotechnic accidents, is today the image of the tragedy, after the death of at least 24 people for explosions ripped through firework workshops occurred yesterday.
Among those killed are state and municipal police officers and firefighters, as well as civilians and five strangers.
More than 40 injured, nine of them in serious condition, are hospitalized and it is not ruled out that the number of deaths will continue to grow.
President Enrique Peña Nieto sent his condolences to the relatives of the victims, while authorities are studying the temporary closure of the pyrotechnics workshops to assess the security measures.
- Against All Odds: López Obrador, President of Mexico
- Cuban President congratulates new President of Mexico
- Brazil v Mexico: Five-time winners must overcome El Tri persistence to keep World Cup bid alive
- Claudia Sheinbaum Is 1st Elected Woman Mayor of Mexico City
- AMLO Wins Mexico's Presidential Elections with 53%