Two people died today and one was wounded in France by a knife attack perpetrated by an individual in the commune of Trappes, south of this capital, a fact that was claimed by the terrorist group Islamic State (EI ).
Around 10:00 local time the man assaulted several passersby in the street and then locked himself in a pavilion.
The RAID (elite unit of the national police) intervened on the scene and finally the attacker was killed. The motivation of the attacker seems difficult to define because some clues point to a family drama, but others to a possible terrorist event, said the authorities.
Around 10:00 local time an individual assaulted several passersby in the commune of Trappes, south of this capital, before being killed by the forces of order.
The most recent information indicates that his mother and sister are among the victims, which points to a possible family conflict.
However, the attacker was booked by the police since 2016 for 'apologizing for terrorism', shouted 'Allah is great' before being shot down, and the extremist Islamic State group vindicated the action, for which the authorities cannot discard the mobile either terrorist.
Interior Minister Gerard Collomb told the press that according to preliminary data, the attacker was suffering from psychiatric problems.
For the time being, the Anti-Terrorist Prosecutor's Office has not been involved in the investigations.
- Clashes Erupt In Paris As Yellow Vest Protests Enter 10th Week
- French Govt. Increases Security Forces in Yellow Vests Protest
- France's crackdown on protesters: 'Govt has nothing to offer except blood, sweat & tears'
- ‘We didn’t listen to people’: French PM admits mistakes in dealing with Yellow Vest rallies
- Strasbourg attack not a govt conspiracy to undermine Yellow Vests – Interior Ministry official